About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 6 July 2014

Ellie Says Hi

*******************************


Before I get to the main project in this post I just wanted to share this SUGAR & SPICE goodness with ya. **Coming Soon!!** Be sure to keep your eyes peeled over at That Craft Place!!

*******************************

So, today I have another Tiddly Inks creation to share with you. This time it's using Ellie Says Hi clear stamp. I stamped her in Memento Angel Pink ink to colour her with 'no lines'. 

Earlier last week I had commented on a gorgeous card Amanda had created which you can check out HERE. It was using a combo of red and purple - not something you see very often, but I thought it worked so well.. and I let her know. :) So.. she then challenged me to use red and purple on my next creation. Let me tell ya.. I am not one to say no to a challenge. So I set to working finding a purple ProMarker combo that worked for me and started colouring up Ellie. 


I got a confession to make.. I totally messed up her shoes. She was originally meant to cover the entire front of this little notebook.. that didn't happen. I laid down FAR too much colour and the darkest purple started bleeding out ALL OVER.. something which has never happened to me before. I guess I gotta get some more practice in with these FlexMarkers.

I chopped off those messed up feet, layered her onto a thick red mat, added some purple buttons and other froo froo, like Doodlebug brads, sequins and liquid pearls and added her to the card using dimensionals. 

As for the cover for the notebook, I cut down some textured American Crafts purple cardstock and stencilled some Memento Elderberry ink through a cross patterned stencil to add a little more interest.

Job done. Cute little notebook, right at ya! xo

2 comments:

  1. You clever girl, Lou, we would never guess you messed up anything LOL Love this no-line coloring, it looks awesome and the color combo is great. Thank you for an inspiration!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning lou.she is adoable and i love your amazing colouring ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews