About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Get Well Wishes

It's time for a brand new challenge over at Passion for ProMarkers today.

This challenge theme was set by our lovely Shelly!! She wanted us to UPCYCLE something you wouldn't normally use on a card. 

The awesome name of our challenge is

RAGS TO RICHES

There are loads of examples over at the Passion for ProMarkers blog. The girls have rocked this theme and really thought outside of the box!!


For my card.. I had no idea what I really wanted to do. ..and then it hit me. Why not make a shaker card using some packaging? 

When I bought my new Cuttlebug plates a couple months ago I held onto the packaging.. and now I know why!! ;) It's time has come. 

I coloured up the adorable Bathtime Bobbi  from DigiStamp Boutique in a green towel.. so cute. At first I was gonna make a baby card with this little guy, but some awesome people over on my FB page suggested a Get Well card.. I loved that idea and rolled with it.

I filled my shaker card with die cut vellum stars, a bunch of sequins and some gemstones and pearls. I made the big mistake of forgetting to talc the edges of my foam tape and a few of the embellishments have stuck to the inside.. not to worry - it still looks pretty, and you get the idea! ;)

I kept the rest of the card pretty simple, adding a blue grosgrain ribbon to match my papers from Carta Bella, and the sentiment from Amy R stamped and embossed on a little speech bubble die cut.

I hope you get an idea of what we're wanting to see this week. I cannot wait to browse through your blogs and see what you come up with for this awesome challenge! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews