About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 2 April 2011

Just a Note..

I have been going through the pictures of my cards this morning (I really need to get them sorted..) and come across this little mini 4" square card I made a while back and forgot to post. Poor card!!

WARNING: This may be one of numerous posts today - I need to get these cards uploaded while I have time! :)


I tried to create multiple layers on this card - I think it worked. First off I started with a tag shape I cut with my Slice and embossed using a EF. I then die cut a 'spikey circle'(?!) using a PTI die, added a Jillibean Soup brown journalling spot and then my embossed senitment panel over the top.

I added a few blue Prima pearls here and there as well as a brad from a MME Lush collection to hold the SU! Bashful Blue ribbon in place atop the tag.


The kraft cardstock has been stamped around the edges using a stamp from SU! Vintage Vogue in Crumb Cake ink. This has got the be my fave stamp out of the set - so much you can do with it! I have distressed the edges of the kraft cardstock using a Tonic paper distresser and added some faux stitching with a white gel pen around the edges of the cardbase and the tag.


One of PTI's releases last month consisted of Angular Labels and Rectangular Labels Dies with a co-ordinating stamp set. They can all be found -->HERE<-- They are so perfect, and I was so tempted, but I went with Tiny Tags stamp set and die. I couldn't resist!

So instead, I tried to make my own sort of labels simply using a punch and a a fineliner. I like how it turned out but I would prefer the stamp set and die! LOL. Maybe this month.. heehee.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Card Makin' Mamas - Challenge 18 - Embellishment It
× Frosted Designs - Use Bling

× OLC 59 - Colour Challenge
× Stamping Vacation - Pick 3; a circle, dry embossing, a sentiment
× Tellens Place - Embossing
× Dutch Dare Cards - Distressing

Thanks for stopping by, I have another few cards to post today! :) xo

15 comments:

  1. Hello Lou. This is a lovely little card. Love all the different layers and lots of texture. The embossing is great and I just adore the colour combination too. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I love the sentiment of "Just a Note" and then the notebook paper displayed in the circle! Nice touch! Love the soft blue along with the tan! Terrific job!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges! This earns you entry in the May 1st drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to the store of your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love the embossing. the brad and the cool striped ribbon! Great distressing too! Thank You so much for joining us at Dutch Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow stunning design this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lou, this is a really cute card! I'm glad you were looking through your pictures today and decided to share! Thanks for joining us over at the Tellen's Place embossing challenge. Good luck and I hope you will play with us again!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little card love the colours embossing and distressing and a great layout too. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card thanks for playing at Tellens Place good luck
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is a wonderful card with some lovely techniques and I just love the embossing on the tag - very nice! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place in our "Embossing" challenge. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the colour scheme so much. I also love your resolution :) Best of luck with Frosted Designs Challenge and your 100 cards plan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card, the embossing on the tag and the pearls are a nice touch. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors and the symplicity of your card. Thanks for joining us at DDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card. Great embossing and using a fab colour combo. Love the different layers, they really work well like this. Thankyou for sharing this at Tellen's Place this week and hope to see you back next time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! I love the brown and blue colors together! Thanks for taking on our bling challenge at Frosted Designs this week!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great project!! thanks for joining us at frosted designs!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews