About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Lil' Pinkette August

Hey, hey! Thank you for stopping by today. I've just had my regular 6 week hair cut. Isn't it just the best feeling ever when you get your hair cut, and and even better feeling getting it cut? I could just do with a prop for my head so I could have a little shut eye - it's so relaxing! I'm in a much better mood to get on with my work now! :) It's a shame I have nowhere nice to go tonight to show it off. As a matter of fact - I may have a look and see what is on at the pictures! LOL. Anywho..

If you haven't seen the new release of the Easter Stamping Bazaar images yet, check out my post HERE to get all the info. They're super cute - you don't want to miss them!

On to my card for today - which is one of three in the making for Tickled Pink Stamps and their challenges and GDT call they've got going on at the moment - so keep your eyes peeled for the other two! This card is for Challenge #15, which is a sketch challenge.. how could I not?! Here is the sketch put together by the very talented Emma..

Sketch #2

And here is my take on it.. I have used Lil' Pinkette August - she is my FAVE of the Lil' Pinkette release. What a real sweetie!! I have used Sassafras Indie Girl paper as well as some Kraft and Naturals Ivory cardstock. I have added some stitching on the heart panel - oh yes, I managed to get some thread for my much deprived Janome!! Bless him. I had to dust him off and get him all threaded again!



I have coloured August using ProMarkers (I think I could have worked on her hair a bit more.. oops) and added some Lime Green bakers twine from The Ribbon Girl as the wire from her headphones. I'm in love with the braid in her hair - how cute!


I added a homemade hat pin, a Wild Orchid Crafts mini rose, a Papermania gem brad and a Prima pearl as added embellishments. I'm on a bit of a green kick lately! LOL. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set stamped in Chestnut Roan chalk ink - which I ordered off DoCrafts last week - I have been looking for stockists of these for forEVA! I'm so glad I found some, the coverage is just perfect!

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Tickled Pink Stamps - #15 Sketch Challenge
× Nettie G's - Use your favourite digi
× Bling It On - A digi stamp and some bling
× Cute and Girly - April Challenge


Thats all I got for you today, so while I'm actually in the mood to get some work done I'm going to scoot! Enjoy the rest of your night whatever you're doing! xo

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card , Lou .. I think I really need the digi now... aww i am trying to be good!!
    Love everything you've done with this one ..
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS Hunny bun!!! I am loving your colours and those papers are really scrummy, You have done a fabby job with my sketch and I love your colouring of this sweet gal!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges!!!
    Big hugs
    Em
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lou! I was wondering why your blog wasnt showing up in my feeder. I knew I had cicked follow but somehow, duh me!! did something wrong and I wasnt. Anyway problem solved. Lol. I was laughing hysterically when I read your 6th resolution "pointless quick makes" :)
    Anyways, super cute card!! I like the whole look of it and the colors as well.
    Enjoy your night(?) I hope you find something nice to do to show off your new 'do.
    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I love the embellishments. Thanks for taking part in NettieG's favorite challenge.

    Chris
    Lead Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, what a fab image. Love the greens too. Thanks fir joining us at bling it on x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lou, this is so gorgeous, as are all of your other beautiful creations, your colouring is stunning and you certainly have an eye for design, looking forward to visiting you loads.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colouring and all the cute details/embellies you have used. I could look at this card for ages picking out all the details. Thank you for sharing it with us at the By the Cute and Girly challenge this month.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! =)
    Thanks for joining us at NettieG's digital gems!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. another super sweet card Lou :0)..thanks for sharing it with us at Bling It On..hugs..Debs x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews