About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 30 April 2011

The Stamping Bazaar.. ::Marvin the Bat::

Hey there, thank you so much for stopping by today!! This is my first ever post as a DT member for The Stamping Bazaar!! I'm super thrilled to be part of the uber talented team and having the opportunity to work with Marina's aMAZing images - all of which can be found HERE in the Stamping Bazaar Store.

Marvin the Bat was the critter that first caught my eye when I was introduced to TSB images, and I think he will remain my all time fave - he is just thee cutest. For my first card I decided to colour up Marvin the Bat who can be found HERE in digi form over in the store. I've coloured him using a black Prisma and Sansodor.


I know he's intended for Halloween, but I've made loads of cards with him and not one has been a Halloween one. I think it's great when you can find multiple uses for your stamps and digis, and Marvin is no exception. He is too cute to just come out on 31st October. I have steered away from my comfort zone slightly (a LOT) with this card and gone for an all pink sort of set up. Perfect for a girly girl and the sentiment allows for any sort of message to be written on the inside.


Supplies
Cardstock: Bazzill - Kraft
Patterned paper: American Crafts - I Heart You
Image: TSB - Marvin The Bat
Medium: Primsa Pencils; Chalks
Stamps: SU! - ; Pink Gem Designs - Special Friend Ticket; Hero Arts -
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Colorbox Chalk - Chestnut Roan; DI - Worn Lipstick; Versamark
Die: Prima -
Tools: WRMK - Corner Chomper; Pinking scissors
Misc: clear EP

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Anything Goes #39 - Colour Challenge Pink & Brown
× My Time To Craft Challenge - Perfect Pets
× Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
× The Stamping Boutique - #5 Winged Things

× {Lawn}scaping Challenge - Calling All Critters
× The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Welcome To The Jungle
× The Crafty Pad Designs - #118 Circles
× Creative Inspirations - Digi Day
× Sparkles Forum - Anything Goes
× Little Claire's - Animals

Thanks for stopping by today, be sure to check out TSB Blog for details of which designers post on what days. There is a breakdown of that list every Monday.

21 comments:

  1. Aww! Lou what a great card. Really made me smile. :o)

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute :o)

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lou what a great card, love the design and fabulous colouring. :)

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)
    Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lou! Eek, Marvin is TOO cute! I'm so glad you didn't save him until Halloween (my favorite holiday, by the way!)! Love the pendant behind him... very cool! And your coloring is great! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see an image used for something other than the obvious! Your card is perfect for our Circles challenge at THE CRAFTY PAD this week, thanks so much for joining in! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card with this funny little bat image. Thanks for playing The Corrosive Challenge.Hope to see you next time.
    Zulma Dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little bat!! I love the way you colored him!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Stamping Boutique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have coloured this little guy fabulously and I love the die you used to frame him. Darling card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card thanks for joining us at SFC this fortnight, good luck in the draw x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Card I love your colouring and shading. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is one super cute image,love the layout too,
    bless you for playing at anything goes this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx
    and creative inspirations,

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic card Lou. Love that image and the lac'e holdbacks :)
    Hope you are having a good weekend and have your D finished!! (Sorry I am not attempting the spelling !! lol)
    love and hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!

    Cute card....

    Just swinging by to say - you've won my blog candy - pop onto my blog and claim it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining our Perfect Pets challenge at MTTCC this week Lou. The image is super cute - the design fab x Remember to come BAT soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too think its great when you find multiple uses for your stamps and this little guy is so cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week.

    Danie - PTT Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Lou, love the design and the sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is one cute image! Gorgeous card!

    thanks for joining the sparkles girls this fortnight!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really cute image in a 'scary' way lol...love the little image and the colours are stunning too! Thank you for joining us at the ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge and I hope you will return to join in again. Hugs Annie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. FAb colouring...not sure if I'd like one of these as a pet...thanks so much for joining in our Perfect Pets challenge at My Time to Craft this week.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving this color combo Lou. I think Ill try it:)
    Although Ive been avoiding pink (seeing that ive used to much of it, idk how im going to make that work)
    Super cute card!!!
    Jess M :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome card, love that image lou, Marvin is so cute
    thanks for playing along at the TSB challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews