About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 4 April 2011

Pear Tree Designs - Challenge #43 - Sketch

Thank you to everyone who joined in with our 'Mother's Day' challenge last week. It was great to see all the pretty entries - projects and cards just for our Mams/ Mums/ Moms. I hope you made your Mams Mother's Day special. Congratulations to the winner TILLY. If you can get in touch with Donna she will arrange your prize.

The challenge this week is a SKETCH challenge. Here it is..


I love sketches, such great fun to work with and you can interpret them in so many different ways - I can't wait to see what you come up with.

The sponsor this week is


and the PRIZE up for grabs is 3 x digital images of the winner's choice from their shop!

[Apologies now for the quality of the images, I haven't a clue what was going on!! Jeezz]


Meet Taski - from Crafty Sentiments, isn't she just adorable? I love her big wings and her hair has so much depth to it. The photos really don't do the hair justice. IRL it looks quite real, but hey. Photos only tell you half the story.

I have created my own backing paper again, just using standard white paper, inks and a blending tool. Super easy, and that way you can match colours to your projects.


I have coloured this adorable (and usually I don't take to fairies..) image using ProMarkers - I have given her a lilac dress and grey/ blue socks. I wish I had taken a note of the purples I had used for her dress, as looking back they blend really well. The word 'Happy' is from a PTI set stamped in Pale Plum SU! ink onto Naturals Ivory cardstock.


Here is a picture with the tag exposed. The sentiment reads 'You make me SMiLE' and this is from a Hero Arts set, again, stamped in Pale Plum SU! ink. I have used a couple of SU! rub ons - the name of the collection escapes me. It's the one with tonnes of flowers and stuff, you get a load in both white and brown. SU!'s rub ons are really high quality too, but you wouldn't expect anything less would you? *wink* I have added a (I think) Prima flower I got given in a swap along with a PaperMania brad to the top of the tag to act as the pull-y bit. It also helps to embellish the card in the area so stated on the sketch.


Here is a close up of the tag. I went around the outside with a brown fineliner and added some faux stitching to mirror that on the main card.


I have decorated the inside using the same paper from the DCWV stack I used on the front, cut using my nesties and embellished with some ink and faux stitching. A purple gem has been added to the top and bottom of the ovals.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Dream Valley Challenges - Things with Wings
× Shannon's Sentiments - Include and Oval
× Digis with Attitude - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by. Head on over to PTD now to see what the rest of the DT have come up with using this sketch!

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou

    This is absolutely stunning!

    Thank you for joining us at the Digi's With Attitude! Anything Goes Challenge. We hope to see you at the next challenge and good luck!

    Debra
    Digi's With Attitude! Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude! and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty this card is! Cute image, and I really like what you've done with the tag, the flower looks great! Thanks for joining in on Dream Valley Challenges!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Love your backing paper and colouring - so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews