About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 8 April 2011

Simply Sassy GDT Call..

I'm not gonna lie.. I almost fell off my seat when THIS post popped up in my news feed the other day. Having only bought my first Simply Sassy stamps a few weeks ago - I fell in total love with them. I knew I had to give this a go.

Pop on over to the Simply Sassy Blog for details, but for now.. here is the sketch to follow for GDT submissions..


If you read my blog, you'll know that sketch challenges are often my favourite. So I had real fun with this one! I had a design in mind, and a paper collection I knew I wanted to use, but.. I couldn't decide on the stamp (typical), so I used three!!


First off I made a card following the above sketch.

Artistic Goddess
All patterned papers and rubons are from Basic Greys Origins collection. I have made it my mission to use up at least one whole paper pack before my patterned paper buying ban finishes!! LOL.


The tags are from a new set by PTI called Tiny Tags, stamps and co-ordinating dies. I have threaded a Tim Holtz safety pin through my bow made from SU! Old Olive taffeta ribbon.


This photo shows the pull out, which is a rub on from BG.


I have really got into the habit of decorating the inside of my cards now - and this one is no exception. Using the same spellbinders nestie labels fourteen die I used for the front, I cut some SU!Garden Green cardstock to make a sentiment panel and embellished with more of the PTI Tiny Tags.

I then wanted to make a matching tag (the colour green was really growing on me by this point).

My Friend Kitty
The tag was cut using my MM Slice on the 4" setting. I then added to it using some embossed Kraft cardstock along the bottom to ground the image. The ticket sentiment has been created using Whimsy Stamps Friendship Ticket Sentiments and co-ordinating die. I have added another rubon to the corner and added faux stitching around the outside of the tag. To finish it off I cut my own ring reinforcer from the patterned paper and added some Lime Green Bakers Twine from The Ribbon Girl.
And finally, a box to fill with goodies - which of course matches the card and tag, using High School Student. I think this cutie will remain one of my all time faves - she reminds me of me, plus she was the first ever Simply Sassy stamped I inked up and coloured. She is a dream to colour, although saying that, all of the stamps I've coloured so far have been awesome.

High School Student
A bag full of goodies inc. some chocolate. Mmm. This bag is the perfect size to fit 5.5"x4.25" cards, 5"x5" mini albums, all sorts of crafting goodness. A big thank you to my friend Roz over on the Trimcraft Forum for supplying us all with this tutorial. I have clasped the handles together with a simple clip. It keeps the box a uniform rectangle with no bulging!


Paper piecing is one of my favourite techniques when it comes to images. I have paper pieced her shoes, lunch box, and one of her many books. Sorta looks like grid paper, don't you think?


Isn't that just the neatest edge you've ever seen? So clever.


This is the back of the bag - I simply added a mini envelope cut using the Mini Envelope die from PTI. I filled it with a journal spot from the Origins collection and a Tim Holtz ticket. White faux stitching finishes the edges off.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill - Kraft, Cream; SU! Garden Green, Old Olive, Whisper White
Patterned paper: Basic Grey - Origins
Stamps: Simply Sassy - High School Student, Artistic Goddess, My Friend Kitty; PTI - Tiny Tags; SU! - Afterthoughts, Vintage Vogue; Waltzingmouse - Labels Four
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU! - Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Sage Shadow; Versamark
Colour: ProMarkers
Ribbon: SU! - Old Olive Taffeta, Wild Wasabi Stitched Grosgrain; Lime Green Bakers Twine; Granny Smith embroidery floss
Tools: WRMK - Corner Chomper; WRMK - Sew Easy
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels Fourteen, Labels Four; Whimsy Stamps - Ticket Die; PTI - Tiny Tags, Limitless Layers 1 3/4", Mini Envelope
Misc: Basic Grey - Origins Rubons; Tim Holtz - Mini Pins, Journaling Tickets; White embossing powder; white gel pen; brown fineliner, Cosmo Cricket Brown Tiny Type alpha stickers; My Little Shoe Box Celery alpha stickers; green pearl beads and stickpins; SU! - silver brads

I would like to enter the CARD into these challenges:
× The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
× Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
× Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
× Creative Stamp Friends - Swirls
× Incy Wincy Designs - Create a Pocket
× I Did it Creations - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a great weekend. xo

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, tag and bag sweetie!!!!
    Thank you for entering the Simply Sassy guest call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some absolutely gorgeous creations here hun, just love the papers you have used & that box is fantastic!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moses, what a fabulous selection of goodies. Do you have my address, lol. Awesome, love the colour green you have used as well. Good luck. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck Lou with the DT challenge...absolutely fab projects


    sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all simply stunning! I love all of your details and the paper piecing is "out of this world"! You even paper pieced her shoes...! Wonderful Thank you for playing at IDIC this week!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous makes hun, absolutely love your coloring!!

    Thanks so much for playing along @ Kreative stempelfreunde-Creative Stamp Friends!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck hun - all of these projects are fantastic and they'd be very lucky to have you!! Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and so much work you have put into it. Great work!
    Thanks for playing with us over at TPS Challenges this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects are absolutely gorgeous!!! The digis are soo cute! I love your list of goals too. It's such a great way to use up your stash :)) Thank you for joining us this week at Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, stunning work! thanks for sharing with us at Incy wincy this week, karenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply fantastic!! Great job!! Good luck with the call!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG....AMAZING!!! We love what you have made....so gorgeous and you have coloured the images just FABBY!!! WOWWWWW.....we cant stop drooling over your beautiful work Lou....Good Luck with the GDT call!!!
    Big hugs
    Emma and Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful works.....such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS......
    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow these are fab...and a great colour to use too. good luck.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable.. :) I love all 3 of these.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow these are amazing, good luck x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews