About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 15 April 2011

My Forever Friend..

What a Friday I've had!! Good job I had a (relatively) early night last night. I was up super early running errands for my Mam and Gran, then I went over the house with the hoover before my Mam gets back off her holiday tomorrow. THEN.. I sat down to do some more of my dissertation. THEN.. I hit blogland/ Facebook/ Trimcraft. Heehee.

Over on the SUGAR NELLIE Facebook group this Monday a new challenge was posted. It was an inspiration challenge, and here..


..is the inspiration!! STRAWBERRY DELISH! I had trouble thinking of a project inbetween drooling. It does look yummy, doesn't it?

So I decided to make a tag using My Friend Kitty.. I got the idea for making the tag using Spellbinders Nestabilities from THIS HERE talented ladies blog post! I can see this being a popular project with me, I plan on making many more, infact, when I sat down to cut these pieces out, I cut out 3 more of each for future tags! ;) Keep your eyes peeled.


I tried to create a little scene with the grass and the strawberries and butterflies. I'm so glad I got the MS grass punch, it really helps to ground images!


Here she is!! What a cutie!! Her legwarmers have got to be some of my FAVE from all the Simply Sassy stamps. They're just adorable. As for her expression - she makes me smile everytime.


That yummy strawberry ribbon is from MeiFlower Crafts, I thought it was perfect for the theme. I embossed some PTI Pure Poppy cardstock using my Candy Strip EF for the background, and punched some pink butterflies to complete the 'scene'. The rub-on is from October Afternoon which I have made into a banner and curled to add a bit more dimension.


Just like I enjoy decorating the inside of my card, I think I quite like decorating the back of tags - it finishes them off nicely. I used a sentiment and a to: and from: from some PTI sets, along with my handmade stamp.


This last picture shows the braided twine I made to serve as the string for the tag. I used lime green, red and pink bakers twine from The Ribbon Girl and attatched it with some linen thread which I threaded through the hole in the flower shaped reinforcer! :)

I would like to enter this tag into these challenges:
× Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes 
× Digi Doodles - Stripes
× Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog - Springtime
× Amber's Crafts and Stuff - My Favourite Things - Kraft cardstock, stamped images, ribbon, nesties, punches
× Crafts and Me Challenges - Ribbon
× Creative Card Crew - Spring
Thanks for stopping by today. Off for some teaaa! xo Lou.

28 comments:

  1. Love the STRAWBERRies))) Great delitious)))
    Very nice card too) Love this image a lot))) Fine job)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww...this is just too cute for words hunny!!! that image is sooooo adorable and your colours are Scrummylicious!!! The ribbon is gorgeous....such a sweet little creation, we LOVE it!!!
    Have a fabby weekend sweetie!!
    Big hugs
    Emma and Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute tag and you're right I'm drooling too, time for dessert!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh wow thats fabulous. i love everything about it…even the inspiration photo…apart from the kiwi fruit.. not keen on them lol lol
    I love your fabulous ideas. I have thrown away a badly cut nestie in the past but now after seeing how you have created the top of the tag i will think twice next time. Its just perfect, well done you and good luck in the challenges.
    have a lovely weekend
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us this week at DDSB! Cute tag.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic tag - I love this Sassy image and your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at DDSB this week xx Denise (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and celebrating our 1st Birthday with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab project. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project, love your colouring and that ribbon is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the DDSB, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the tag, great embellishments! Thanks for joining the Stripes Challenge at DDSB x
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely super cute!! The details are stunning - such as the braided twine and the little flower as a tag topper. Simply gorgeous - thanks for the inspiration! :)

    Take care!
    / Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super project well done. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! Love that ribbon. Thanks for joining us at DDSB
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is soooooooo sweet! Love the colors also. I almost missed seeing the stripes, and then I finally had an aha moment. LOL. Great also for sticking to guns not to buy more paper. I think I'd have withdrawel stress. LOL. Hope to see you again at DDSB. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely yummy scrummy love everything about your tag Lou. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodles Shops Best.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww.. Lou.. this is so adorable! And so CLEVER! Love your project (card/tag combination).. it's just beautiful!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Crafts and Me Challenges this week (MrLinky is up and running now, so if you have not done it by now, you can add yourself to the linklist is you want to *smile*)
    Hope to see you again next week!!!
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This is so creative. Yes, I'm now drooling, too. Thank you for helping us celebrate our one year birthday at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining our Stripes challenge at ddsb. Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is totally fabulous an awesome project love that image and the design thank you for joining us at Aud sentiments
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely Spring project with wonderful details! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew! I have blog candy that ends on the 18th if you are interested!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tag,thank you for joining us at DDSB this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is great!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week. Love Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous and you can easily see how you have been inspired by the cake :D
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafts and Me this week. Good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tag.Love the adorable image and fab strawberry ribbon.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What agreat project and I love the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am seriously in love with that strawberry ribbon!

    I am so glad you joined us for our "My Favorite Things" challenge@ Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

    ~*~Amber~*~
    www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an absolutely wonderful gift! The image is adorable and you have colored it beautifully. Thanks so much for playing in our spring challenge at RAINBOW LADY!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. A pretty card. Lovely colors and cute image. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge blog for our Anything Goes Challenge! I hope you will join us again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews