About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 25 April 2011

Pear Tree Designs - Challenge #46 - Colourful

Hey guys, I'm so glad you could stop by today. I would like to thank all the entrants to last weeks  'Easter' challenge, there were so many gorgeous entries, with cute little chicks and rabbits and the more traditional daffodils and crosses. The winner of the challenge is JOYCE. Congrats, please get in touch with Donna atmailto:atpeartreedesigns2011@yahoo.co.uk to claim your prize.

I have a bright 'n' cheerful card to share with you all today, so lets get started..

The challenge over a Pear Tree Designs this week is 'COLOURFUL' - we want to see bright and colourful cards and creations.

The sponsor this week is ..



..and the winner will receive a choice of 5 x digital images or 4 x digital images and 1 x digital paper pack!

Here is my take on the challenge..


I used a Kraft card base as usual - this is Crumb Cake from SU! along with some DeLovely paper from Cosmo Cricket that I usually have a real hard time using as I can't seem to get the colours to work - but I sorta like how this one turned out! I coloured the gorgeous teapot from our sponsor this week with ProMarkers in very bright shades of lime green and pink! LOL. I followed a card sketch I have had saved for ages, as it helped the creative juices to flow. I have added a sticker from the DeLovely collection along with some butterflies I have made using a Martha Stewart 3 in 1 butterfly punch.


I created the sentiment using word and printed it off onto more Kraft cardstock - this time from Bazzil. I think cut it down and used a square punch to create the banner shape on one side. I hope all of these colours have inspired you to create something colourful too. Hop on over to Pear Tree Designs now to see what the rest of the ladies have created using the theme, and why not show us your colourful creations too?!

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Flutter By Wednesday - Open; include butterfly, fairy or angel
× I Love ProMarkers - #62 Anything Goes
× Paper Pretties - Pink, Green + Neutral
× Ladybug Crafts - Anything Goes
× Incy Wincy - #90 Bright and Bold


Enjoy your day, whatever you're doing. xo Lou.

[Note: This will be my last DT card for PTD until the end of May beginning of June time - what with uni work and other commitments I've asked to go on a break just until things ease off a bit. Try not to miss me too much! I promise I'll be back with a bang! ;) ]

10 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Lou, those papers are scrummy and the layout is fab!!! Hope your having a great long weekend hunny!!!
    Big hugs
    Emma and Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gorgeous colourful card love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teapot...love the pp and the krafts cs! Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. It certainly is colourful. Love the zingy green! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterflies! Thanks for playing at Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lou, I just love this card, very cute teapot. Love the yummy colours against the kraft and nice touch with the rounded corner. Very pretty.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this card! The teapot is gorgeous and the bright cheery papers are so pretty. Thank you for joining in the LCI Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the teapot is lovely but I really love the buitterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab teapot, love the colours, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colour explosion your card is!! Fantastic!

    Also - congrats to the guest spot at TPSC!!! :D Will see you around then? ;)

    / Jeanette

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews