About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

At the Beachhh!!

Happy TUESDAY! :)

August. For real?! Yip. 2012 is zoom zoooooming past. 

I'm not really sure how much of a 'summer' the northern hemisphere has had.. but today over at Passion for ProMarkers we're trying to celebrate the finer weather in life. Our challenge to you this week.. is to show us summery creations.

AT THE BEACH

I had a really tough time deciding which image to use on this card.. there are loaaaaads of summery/beachy ones out there to choose from. In the end I went with some Some Odd Girl goodness. I made my little cousin his 10th birthday card using Popsicle Tobie.

I've coloured him up using the following PMs and FMs. Check, check.. I wrote them down! ;) I know it's a rareity! LOL. These colours match the papers I've used from Echo Park This and That collection. Perfect for male cards and stuff.
Blush, Soft Peach, Rose Peach, Lavender
Cocoa, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
 Pastel Green, Mint Green, Soft Green
Marsh Green, Olive Green, Forest Green
Oatmeal, Apricot, Pumpkin
Soft Lime, Lemon, Summer Sun
Soft Aqua, Pastel Blue, Cool Aqua


I've used some Core'dinations cardstock to create some sandy texture for Tobie to stand on. At the beach and all that! ;) I've also added some Cinnamon, Sandstone and March Hare around his feet on the image panel in tiny dots to mimic? HA! sand. :)

As for the card base, I've used another Some Odd Girl stamp and some Lawn Fawn alpha stamps to create the random 'Happy Birthday Cousin' sentiment. Really love how that turned out! :) 'Just Chill' and '10' has been stamped using Harolds ABC's from Lawn Fawn and die cut using an X-Cut die. I've added some Doodlebug brads to the holes and layered them over my image panel. Hmmm.. a little bit of yellow bakers twine tied in a pretty bow to finish this design off! :)

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
- Love to Create - Punches and Dies
- MarkerPop - Bright Colours
- Paper Playtime - Hot and Spicy + die cut or punch
- Stamp with Fun - Maritime/ Summer
- Craft your Passion - Anything Goes


Please head over to the Passion for ProMarkers blog and see my other teamies BEACHY creations!! Can't WAIT to see what they've come up with! :)

xo

14 comments:

  1. he he he!! too cute Lou!! I love it!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this lou.fantastic papers and design and he is so cute with his ice lolly ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for our challenge this time. Love the colors and the sentiments along the bottom. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. weee so cute!! I want a bite out of that icecream too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is the CUTEST!! Lou I LOVE this! The cardboard all ripped up to look like sand is a great idea and I love howyou have coloured him up. Such a great job- your little cousin will love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card, very good coloration. Thanks for joining us at Stamp with fun.
    LG, Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is waaaaay cute! I am always thinking about buying him, need some more boys! Love the entire card, you picked really great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Lou, love the adorable image and gorgeous design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Lou! Love the colours and your wonderful design!! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lou this is just stunning, your colouring is amazing hun. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! There's colour, texture, stamping... Everything a good card needs! Thank you for joining Craft Your Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that image and your colouring is awesome! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card - wonderful coloring the motiv - wonderful details. Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews