About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bugs and Kisses

So it's mid-day now. Day TWO of my jolly berries, and this cutie wraps up my last post for today. Have I saved the best til last? YKW.. I'm not sure. I totally love this girl and her hedgehog friend, but in all honestly.. as much as I am PETRIFIED of bees and all things bee.. I gotta say that BEE YOU FAIRY is my fave. For today at least. Until I make her into a card.. then I might change my mind! LOL.

Okay.. so this little lady and her spiky friend is..
BUGS AND KISSES


So this card is pretty CAS for me, I know. Don't die. I guess I can do it if I really put my mind to it.. although this is about as plain as I think I could manage. I wanted to keep it pretty flat as I'm gonna be posting it out to a lady who was very, very kind to me in a recent SMASH* swap. She loves ladybugs, perfect. Black and red, perfect.. aaand that sentiment from Amy R goes perfectly with this little couple! PERFECT!

I've used some scraps of paper from My Minds Eye.. Lost and Found 2 Rosy, perhaps? That 6x6 pad is nearly GONE! Yeah peoples, you read right. Within the space of about a week, I've said that TWICE. ;) That massive patterned paper stash is slowly diminishing. I promise.

These two cuties have been coloured using my go to medium.. ProMarkers and FlexMarkers. Okay.. be honest.. does Mr.Hedgehog look like he's got chickenpox?! That's what my boyfriend said about the little spots on his face. I thought it was cute! :( I've added a ton of layers to his spikes, but it doesn't really show in the picture.

I'd love to enter this card into these challenges:
- Craft Your Passion - Gone Buggy
- Make it Monday - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp and Show - Favourite Technique
I love using a flicking technique with my alcohol markers to create strands of grass, which usually complete a summer scene just nicely! :)

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday, I hope I've inspired you guys to stop by the Tiddly Inks BLOG and SHOP to pick up this cutie after drooling over some inspiration from the amazing DT! 

xo

12 comments:

  1. Waaa what a cutie!!!! LOVE how you did the grass...cute little flowers. Amazing colouring too - especially her hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little darling does not look like he has chicken pocks.. ;) I LOVE how you have colored up this image.. incredible coloring and card!! I'm all about CAS now, since that seems to be all I can do. LOL Have a fabby day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you are cut-off now. Are you trying to make the rest of us look bad!! lol! Fantastic job on this!! these are all too cute, I love to look at your coloring!! Great job sista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I love the image and the way you've coloured her hair is brilliant!
    I saw you on MIM
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I LOVE her yellow dress with her red and black wings, just striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling card Lou! I love the paper layers, where you put the twine, the coloring of her hair and especially the faux stitch border! LOL! I guess I like the whole card!
    I am so glad you joined the challenge, and hope to see you again next week!

    Stampe Diem!
    ~ginny
    DT - Craft Your Passion



    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your card on MIM , and it is soooo cute. I just llove Wryn images. I really like your coloring. Nice job.
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very sweet! love the addition of the twine :) The Simon Says Stamp & Show design team thanks you for participating in this week's challenge! - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, saw you on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, I came over from MIM but I already follow you cuz I love your style. My latest card is inspired by the cards I've seen on yr blog, hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews