About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 3 August 2012

Peaches in the Pink

I'm sticking to my promise, thus far. Right? I've had a post every day this week for ya! ;) Today is no exception.. it was a toss up between a comissioned card and a SMASH* page.. this gorgeous little card won over though, be back tomorrow for a SMASH* page featuring my little (big) Shadow Cat. 

So here is the yummy.. "Peaches in the Pink" - NEVER a combo I'd ever think of doing.. but hell.. it just started coming together and I went with it. I used some of that gorgeous hexagon paper from My Minds Eye.. that I've been hoarding for the perfect project. Voila. :)

I've stamped my sentiment using Harolds ABCs from Lawn Fawn - which have been totally hammered these past months - using some yummy Pool Party ink from SU! A vellum doily, some twill stripe ribbon, a few buttons and liquid pearls, twine, ohh and some Wild Orchid Crafts goodness.


How do you guys feel about cards with no images? Do you find them harder to piece together? I dunno what it is.. it just takes me forever to decide on layers and papers and placement. Then I always go back to what I had decided on in the first place - making the process way more lengthy than it needs to be. I guess I have a problem with commitment before I play around with the look for a while first!! LOL!

In a way, I kinda like making cards like this as a 'break' in between colouring and tryna find colours to match my PM combos and stuff. Weird, as I love colouring more than anything.. but I also have a huge love affair with paper - so just playing with paper and stamps with no pens involved is very relaxing. No thinking involved really. 

So, that's all from me today. I hope to catch up more with you all soon!!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Holy girly card!! Very pretty, fun layers and embellies! I too have not made too many cards without an image! I actually enjoy doing and it takes less time, but man I love to color!! Awesome job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous and elegant lou.i love the lush papers and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews