About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 10 August 2012

I'm with Genius

Hey guys. Thank you for stopping by today! :) I feel like I say that at the beginning of every post.. but I really mean it. I know how long it can take scrolling through all of your fave blogs, and if mine is among them.. well.. thank you! :)

I've got some Fabulous Friday Inspiration to share with ya in the form of some Tiddly Inks goodness!! I'm excited by this project. I think this little boy may be a new fave for me.. HA! I say that everytime I colour a different Tiddy image up. Christy is DA BOMB!! I've already told her I'd love to spend a day inside her creative head! LOL. :)

Okay.. so this is Genius! Give him a wave, you've gotta!! He's too cute! He's been coloured using ProMarkers and FlexMarkers - what else - to match my papers from My Minds Eye Lime Twist. I'm living dangerously guys.. I'm almost all OUT of this paper. I know. I freakin' KNOW!! It's good that I'm using stuff up.. but it's bad.. what am I gonna do for boy cards?! LOL! I'm on a paper pack ban.. soo.. I'ma struggle. I'm sure I'll come up with something *she says.. quietly.. full of doubt*


I've cut him out using my largest circle nestie and doodled around the edges with a Real Red SU! marker. I've gone down the stars route again.. how could I not. I've punched a few using my SU! Star punch from yummy turquoise polka dot patterned paper. The large lime green polka dot paper was the last of it's kind in my draw *wipes tear dripping from eye* and it wasn't quite long enough to be the base layer of my card.. soo.. I kept the little band that attaches it to the spine in the pack.. YKWIM? I then distressed all of the edges with my TH paper distresser and added more Real Red doodles. :) I folded the top corner over to reveal that.. golfy kinda pattern.. what is that called?! and tucked another turquoise star behind it. 

I wrapped some lime green bakers twine around the right hand side of the design to balance my little sentiment strip, which I have created using a little Amy R stamp! <3 Some different punched circles using up that super cute hot air balloon paper and to fill in some gaps.. and finally some perfect little Doodlebug brads. 

Job done. Cute? No? Love that boy! :)

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
-
-
-

Head over to the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog now and see what the other girlies have got for ya! xo

6 comments:

  1. He is just the most adorable fella! What a great card hun Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Lou, you really nailed with Genius! I struggle for boy cards as well, but since my nephews out number my nieces I really need to learn. I love how you put the card together. Fantastic!
    //Tabbatha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe too cute! Love the layout...I always love your layout Lou! This is no exception..great layering and those little circles with the hot air balloons are really cute. Such a gorgeous card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. GASP...paper ban, oh no, that won't do. Gotta start buying everything in twos! Then you can have stress-free crafting!!lol! (not that i'm doing that or anything....shhh)

    He is too funny!! You are so good at guy cards! I really need to sit myself down and make a bunch of guys and get them out of the way. The papers and embellies on this are perfect!! Great job sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...this card is so AWESOME! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh swwoooooon.love this lou.those papers are fabulous and this is my fav tiddly image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews