About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

New Girl on the Block

Uh-huh. Yeah. You read it right girls and boys.

Lemme recap. The date is.. 14/08.. the occasion is.. NEW RELEASE OVER AT TIDDLY INKS. Of course, I know you guys couldn't forget.. but just incase! ;)

UH-HUH. YEAH!! 

This is ANNABELLE. Yet another cute character Christy's brain has come up with for us Tiddly fanatics to get colouring up. Honestly. I hope you guys are as excited as I am because I have been DYING to share these with you all!!

**This is my second of four Tiddly Inks posts for today. Hell yes. Tuesday 14/08 is gonna be dedicated to Tiddly Inks on my blog. Gonna stagger these creations for ya, so you don't get bored of scrolling through all of my (un)necessary waffle ;) - the stuff I just can't seem to post without**

SUNSHINE ANNABELLE

I've coloured her up in bright, but not bright?! sunshine-y colours to match my papers from My Minds Eye - Howdy Doody collection. I honestly have no idea where I was going with her hat?! At first I was gonna make it like a straw colour.. but I decided that after I had coloured her a red head.. I thought it might have clashed too much. Then I wanted to make it cream - but it got lost and looked like a cloud just floating there.. so I added some yellow. Rightly or wrongly - I dunno. But there ya have it. I love her layered dress and her little petticoat sticking out from underneath - too freakin' CUTE! 

This is what blows my mind with Tiddly Inks images - especially the newer ones. They're so cute, small and compact.. yet they still manage to pack a massive punch when it comes to detail and quirkyness. LOVE! Sunshine Annabelle with her whimsical pose and cute outfit is no exception!!

I've cut her out using a labels 18 nestie and doodled around the embossed edge. When don't I?! It's kinda turned into an OCD thing I have. Nothing looks right without a little bit of doodling! :/ I'll break the habit some day.. I'm sure.


I've kept the layout pretty simple on this one.. tried to use up some left over papers before cutting into full 6x6 sheets. Stoopid, I know.. but I like to think I'm kinda frugal like that! HA! Who'm I kiddin'?! That super fun sentiment is from an Amy R set - she is quickly becoming one of my fave designers for sentiment stamps, she always picks fun fonts and cooks up the cutest phrases. I've punched that using the Decorative Label punch from SU! and added it off to the side of my design.

What else? Before I totally bore you and you nod off completely! LOL.
I've die cut some Provocraft hearts from Pool Party cardstock from SU! and embossed one of them before adhereing them together and adding the cutest little button from The Ribbon Girl, threaded with ivory twine, over the top. I've done the same on my yellow twill stripe ribbon bow and also stuck a yellow flower stick pin through too. 

Along the bottom edge of the design I've layed some mint green mini pom pom trim, also from The Ribbon Girl, and wrapped some pink Doodlebug twine around to cover up my messy Glossy Accents which squidged out. Heehee. We all make mistakes, right? :) Some of us are just better at cover ups. LOL!

Hmm.. last but by no means least.. as they are one of my fave things ever.. liquid pearls. Mint green and pink to keep with the theme, dotted here and there to fill in some of the blank space! :)

Hope you likey!! I really love this girl. Be sure to stop back in a couple hours for more ANNABELLE reveals over at Cartolinas! :) 

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Summer
- House of Gilli - #39 Add a Sentiment
- Paper Pretties - Anything Goes

xo.

6 comments:

  1. Stop Lou!!! Your killing me with cuteness today!! :D I LOVE her!!! Stunning colouring and the liquid pearls are a great detail! I am no good at these so I will have to go and practice because they just look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuuuute! I love this new TI cutie pie! I'm going to go broke! I love the nestie you cut her out with, perfect shape for this!! Awesome job, you are rocking the TIs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning lou.she is so sweet and i love her red hair :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are really rocking these new release images! The card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet Hun ♥ Thank you so much for joining us at Bunny Zoe's Crafs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute image !!! Nice coloring !
    Hope to you again at the House of Gilli Challenge Blog.
    Hugs,Yone
    http://artesdayone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews