About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 3 July 2011

Accordian Tags

It's always fun to step outside of your comfort zone now and again.. and I certainly have this time round. If you visit my blog often, you'll know that I have a thing for 'accordian' designs. It all started a few weeks ago when I attempted a mini accordian album, I was bitten by the album making bug - and I haven't really let it go since!!

For your Sassy inspiration from me this week I've decided to use up some kraft coloured tags I've had hanging around for forever and make an accordian tag project. I so need to think of a more unique name!! LOL.

I have used two stamps that I don't think I've ever inked up before *hangs head*. Both are from Set 7 the Steampunk stamps released not too long ago. Both are available from Funky Kits.



Now, onto the project..


I have used three tags in total and attached them all together with a piece of double sided paper from the MME Mabel collection - I have used papers from this collection on each tag. I have stamped each tag with a doily stamp from Waltzing Mouse in Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Sage Shadow.


The first and last tag showcase each of the stamps. I have coloured both of the images using PMs and Copics and fussy cut them both out. They have been attached to the tags using dimensional adhesive. The middle panel I have left blank, what for - I'm not sure. But I hope I will come up with something in the future.


Here is a close up of Vintage Boutique. When I was colouring her, I asked myself  'why have you left it so long to ink this beaut up?' Geee, it's the same old story! LOL. The gorgeous swirl is a piece of Make it Crafty chipboard which I have painted using some Malted Milk acylic paint from Jenni Bowlin. I have used a MS punch to create some mini flowers and folded a brown Prima flower in half and added a little WOC rose to finish it off.


And a close up of Guinevere which is on top of a more simply layout. I have used both a clay and resin doodad beside her along with a nestie behind her.

I would like to enter this project into these challenges:
× Scrap Creations - Anything but a Card
× Crazy Challenges - Beautiful Women
× Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
× The Emerald Fairie - All Things Girly

Thanks for stopping by today. Oh, and I would like to say a big HELLO *waves* to my new followers!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project Lou, love the images and colours. Fantastic embelishments, just love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Lou this is fabulous hun!! absolutely love it!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is fabulous! Love the images and of course the cool way you put them together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou, Oh! hun I am so loving this. I really love how you think out of the box and how you select the most yummy papers and details to go together. Amazing colouring as always and great doodled edges. Fab inspiration Mrs. as always. :o) Love it! Hope you have a lovely evening.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely outstanding - so many details & I love that combination of Kraft with your WMS doily stamping teamed with the doodled brown edging.
    These two images are just lovely too & I love the way you've matched those greens & yellows of the papers, not only to the colouring of your images but to the background doily stamping. Vintage boutique with that swirl picking up on her swirly hair had me sitting looking & looking & when I saw the way that little white/orange flower picks up the spotted "accordion" paper in reverse it left me so speechless I had to stop typing.
    Thanks for this.
    Paula (PEP)

    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fantastic lou.love how the tags open out and stunning colours and details and of course fabulous sassys :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word Lou!! this is just stunning, I love the design (so clever) the images, colouring and embellishments are amazing. Thank you for joining us at Emerald Faeries Garden this week with our All things Girly theme.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is SO sweet. I love the combination of papers and colors these are just PERFECT! Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Challenge for our July Anything Goes Challenge!!, Good Luck! I hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining in with us at Catch The Bug for our Anything Goes challenge. Hope to see you join in with our Clean and Simple Challenge this week as I'd love to see what you create for it.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tags Lou! Love these stamps you've used and all the detail.
    Thanks for joining us in the Emerald Faerie Garden challenge. Viv :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews