About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 31 July 2011

Sentimental Sundays #66 - Garden Party

The last day of July '11 - seriously.. WHERE is this year going?! Whizzing past my eyes. Blink and you'll miss it guys. Geezz.

Anywho, another sunday another Sentimental Sundays Challenge!! Yeah!! I'll admit I had a bit of trouble getting my head around this challenge theme - so if you find yourself stuck make sure you head over to the Sentimental Sundays Challenge Blog and see what amazing inspiration the other ladies have got for ya.

This week.. we want have a theme of..

GARDEN PARTY

Interpret this any way you wish. You could use things you find in your garden, or you could include loads of flowers and foliage, fences and trellis, food and bbqs, tables and chairs. You get the idea.. I hope.

I have come up with another little accordian tag project. I love creating these - the ways in which you can make three little tags look so different is amazing.


The first thing I wanted to achieve with this project was a little picket fence sort of design. So I used 3/4" strips of patterned paper to attach all three tags together and then used a little template to make all of the upright 'sticks' the same shape. It looks sorta cute if I do say so.

I have added my Frayed Burlap distressing and brown doodles to my patterned paper and around the outside of the tags. Of course. As for the flowers - all part of a garden party.. a pretty garden - I have used various blooms from WOC on each tag.


I have used a gorgeous Embellished Square - Leaves with Sentiment digi from Raindrop Echo Designs. This set coordinates perfectly with Labels Sixteen nesties. I have coloured various leaves using a Ginger ProMarker to make the panel stand out slightly more.


Here is the middle tag with a slice of gorgeous patterned paper from MME. I have added a few mini postage stamps from Whimsy Stamps as well as some WOC goodness.


This is the third tag. With a journaling spot as well as another postage stamp and patterned paper.



Here is the back of the design. I have left most of the space blank for journaling or small photographs. I have added my handmade stamp which I add to every project. This shot gives you a better idea of the whole picket fence design. Thank goodness for double sided patterned paper, eh?

I would like to enter these tags into the following challenges:
× Paper Playtime - Summer Theme using a Digi and/ or Stamps
× Anything Goes Challenge - Flowers
× Bearly Mine - #15 Tag You're It
Everybody Art Challenge - #152 Garden

Supplies:
Cardstock: WhSmith - Luggage Tags
Tags: SU! Very Vanilla
Patterned Paper: MME - Stella and Rose Mabel
Stamps/Digi: Raindrop Echo Designs - Embellished Square Leaves with Sentiment; Whimsy Stamps - Everyday Mini Postage Stamp sentiments
Ink: DI - Frayed Burlap
Dies: Nesties - Labels Sixteen; Whimsy Stamps - Mini Postage die
Tools: 1 1/4" square punch
Colour: ProMarkers: Leaves Ginger
Misc: brown fineliner

11 comments:

  1. i love love love this with the wee picket fence between tags! Remarkable! Great use of the postage stamps. do u have the die!? I think I want it!?!> Recommend!? Have a great day & thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic lou.love how you have joined the tags with the sweet picket fence and the sentiment is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, WOW & WOW again Lou, this is so incredible, love all the fab details and cute little fence. Love the little stamps too, I need that set hehe! where is it from?

    Have a lovely Sunday hun.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely idea of using tags. Love the picket fence and the stamped detail.
    Thanks for joining EAC.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unusual card design, love the images and papers. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the Challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Lou, this is gorgeous sweetie. I love the 3 different tags. Beautiful papers and love how you made the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing detail - what a super & different idea. Your fence is a brilliant way of joining the tags & really fits the theme. the postage "stamps" stamps work so well with the tags too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow i love this idea!!! Good luck and thanks for joining us at BearlyMine Challenges.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow great work !! so beautiful !!thanks for joining in our challenge.
    hugs
    tina46
    eac-dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and creative! I love this design and the wonderful papers/colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my this looks stunning! What a great idea!!!
    HUgs, Marit.
    ..:: xXx ::..

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews