About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 3 July 2011

Sentimental Sundays #62 - Anything Goes

Hey you sentimental fools! ;) It's time for another challenge over at Sentimental Sundays today, and this time we've got something real easy for ya!!

ANYTHING GOES
(plus a sentiment)

You have no excuse not to join in now, do you?! Heehee.

This time round, I decided to use some of my unloved thickers to create a sentiment. Then I realised why they were unloved.. because I hardly have enough letters to make a freakin' word!! HA! You'll see what I mean when you see the pictures!

I have used the adorable Chester from Pollycraft alongside a strip of paper from Cosmo Cricket - Social Club collection. To draw on more of the lovely tea green/bluey colour I have stamped a doily from WM in Sage Shadow ink. I have distressed the edges of my patterned paper, the inner circle and my image with Frayed Burlap DI. I have then added.. yeahhh, you know it.. some faux stitching using a brown fineliner. I can see me having to source a new one very soon!!


I have gone for something a little different this time round - a window card. I created the circle using a nestie and placed the image on the inside of the card to be peeking through. It was a very logistical process, I won't lie (LOL!!) But I really like the results. It's like a double whammy of Chester love!!


I have made the image panel a little more interesting by adding some accent stamps around the outside edge using Frayed Burlap DI along with some gem brads from Paperania.

To finish off the sentiment I added the word 'anytime' in Frayed Burlap DI to the inside of the card using my Studio G alpha stamps. A pretty neat friendship sort of card, well.. that's what I was thinking anyway! :)

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Tuesday Throwdown - Red, White and Blue
× Use it Tuesday - Red, White and Blue - I have used my unloved Thickers.
× Craft Your Passion - Use Red
× Die Cut Dreams - Red, White and Blue
× Paper Playtime - Red, White and Blue

I hope to see you over at Sentimental Sundays - and if you're in need of some inspiration to get your creative juices flowing, be sure to pop on over to the challenge blog to see what the other amazing ladies have lined up for you!!

7 comments:

  1. Sooo Cute! Love the window and the sentiment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card lou.great design and the fun monkey is fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE IT Lou :D
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee hee! This is SO CUTE! I love the design.




    ~Cheryl~
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's cute. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week.

    Heather
    http://www.princesspaperprojects.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so very cute! I love that cut out showing the image and the letters you used for the sentiment!

    Thanks for playing along with us at "Paper Playtime" and good luck!

    Hugz,
    xx Tracey xx PP/DT

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews