About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 28 July 2011

Tickled Pink Stamp Challenges #30 - Anything But a Square

Time for another Tickled Pink Challenge guys! ;) I'm settling into this roll well and am SO chuffed that Kellie asked me to stay. This would have been my official last post.. but not anymore *big grin* I've got tonnes more to come.

This week we want to see..

ANYTHING BUT A SQUARE

Fun, right?! Sometimes we get into a rut and always create square/rectangle card designs. Well it's time to break out of your comfort zone - I can't wait to see the sort of fun shapes you guys come up with.

I decided to have a flick through my nesties and I come across a rather unloved set - Labels 10 - which I thought would be the perfect shape for a little easel card.



I have used some delicious blue cardstock from Papercuts for my cardbase and cut three shapes from the nesties for the base of my easel card. I have doodled all edges using a brown fineliner.

All patterned paper is from MME and has been paired up with aqua embellishments from The Ribbon Girl and Prima. Gotta love aqua!! I tried to keep the card simple as it is relatively small.

I have used Prima pearls to decorate the front as well as create a wedge to prop (not sure of the technical term? Wedge?! LOL!!) my easel card up when it is open. I'll have to keep checking whether they're stuck strong - I've read a lot lately about pearls and other self adhesive embellishments falling off of cards and stuff lately!


This side shot shows the dimension on the card front and the burnt edges of my seam binding. I love the effect this gives. I burn all the edges of my ribbon to seal it from fraying and the seam binding always burns to create a lovely effect. Gotta be careful the flame don't travel all the way up the ribbon though! ;)

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× 2 Sisters - Anything Goes
× Just some Lines - Easel Cards
× Daisy Doodles - Anything Goes with a Digi
× Kaboodle Doodles - Real of Faux Stitching
× Make it Monday - Anything Goes
× Corrosive Challenge - All About the Kids

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papecuts - Blue
Patterned Paper: MME Stella and Rose - Hattie
Stamps/Digi: Tickled Pink Stamps Digi - Lil Pinkette Tom Boyz - Truckie Bobbie; Whimsy Stamps - Everyday Mini Postage Stamp Sentiments
Ink: SU! Soft Suede
Dies: Nesties - Labels Ten; Whimsy Stamps - Mini Postage Stamp die
Embellishments: The Ribbon Girl - Paradise Aqua seam binding, small aqua polka dot buttonaqua bakers twine; blue Prima pearls/gem
Colour: Copics: Skin E00, 11, R30 Hair E30, 31, 35 ProMarkers: Shirt and Trainers Cool Aqua, Duck Egg, Denim Blue Trousers Blue Pearl, Cornflower, China Blue Cap Cornflower, China Blue, Buttercup, Mustard Truck Buttercup, Mustard, Pastel Beige, Khaki
Misc: brown fineliner

18 comments:

  1. This is awesome Lou and really thinking out of the square hahaha had to say it!

    BIG hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shaped card Lou! I love the image and it's coloured to perfection!
    Hugs, Marit.
    ..:: xXx ::..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your easel card--linked over from Make it Monday. Your coloring is awesome andwhat a great image. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shape, Lou! Such a pretty color blue and I love you papers! The pearls are a lovely (and functional) accent! Fantastic coloring too!
    I feel the same way about Kellie asking me to stay on... We are two lucky PINK ladies!! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shape Lou, how you getting on with those copics? So glad Kellie kept you on, your a little shining star. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this is fabulous lou.love the funky shape and great sassy image and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweetie, Gorgeous Work big Hugs ♥ Pops x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lou, love the fab easel and gorgeous image. Perfect colouring and very scrummy bow.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous non-square card! I just got started myself on a square easel and now I see there's shaped easel cards going around. lol TFS your burnt edges technique for sealing edges. Never thought of that but still scared to try. Anyway, love the doodling!

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

    Kath
    “Let’s Get Scrappy!”
    http://kmcbhernandez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lou! Congrats on being on the Tickled Pink team permanently! Yayyy! Well, this is so fabulous! I still don't know how to make a different shape easel card! lol!!! I don't want to confuse myself, so I stick with the square! lol! Your colouring and design is gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!!
    Thanks for playing with us in the Just Some Lines Saturday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on staying on, Kellie would be absolutely cukoo to let you go !!! This is awesome. Something I've never done.....an easle shape with my nesties! WICKED!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Thank you for joining our easel challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute and fun Lou! Beautifully colored and I love that shape. Reminds me that I have those nesties and seldom use them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card, just LOVE it. Thanks so much fpr sharing with our Easel challenge at JUST SOME LINES this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card! nice image and design. TFS with us at The Corrosive Cha.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really fabby Lou! Gorgeous colours too!

    Thanks for linking up to the Make It Monday party!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews