About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 21 July 2011

PaperPlay Challenges - "Ribbon, Lace and Buttons"

Another Thursday.. Another PaperPlay Challenge!! Can you believe it's almost the end of July?! Where has this year gone?! We have a super fun challenge for you girly girls this week!!

We want to see..

RIBBON, LACE AND BUTTONS

What a combo!! I had a pretty hard job, I won't lie. I used to LOVE using buttons on my cards.. and I have a TONNE.. but you know how novelties die off and you find something else that fascinates you.. well it was good to get those beautiful buttons out again!!

I knew which image I wanted to use from the off. I recently won the entire June release from TGF so wanted to use one of the princesses.. ribbon and lace suits those to a tee, right?!


This is gorgeous Princess no. 03. I have coloured her hair and skin using Copics, her crown using ProMarkers and paper pieced the rest of her using paper from Fancy Pants - It's the Little Things.

The cute little castle is from Pollycraft Cherry Kisses collection which have also coloured using ProMarkers. I thought this would be perfect. I have fussy cut the princess and used a circle nestie.


Both my pink twill stripe ribbon and white lace are from The Ribbon Girl, as for my buttons.. they're from various Basic Grey collections. I have added pink bakers twine to the largest button and added liquid pearls around and about the card. As usual I have used Frayed Burlap DI and a brown fineliner to add definition the the edges of my paper and cardstock.

A little Prima flower and a final tag of ribbon in the top corner finish off this card. Not a WOC flower in sight! ;)

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Sparkles Forum - Elegance and Lace
× KB Challenges - #22 Use a digi stamp

Be sure to stop by the PaperPlay Challenge Blog and get some more inspiration from the other awesome ladies for this triple embellishment challenge and check out the prize the lucky winner will be receiving! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzil - Kraft; Papercuts - Light Blue
Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants - It's the Little Things
Stamps/Digi: TGF - June Release Princess No. 03; Pollycraft Digi - Cherry Kisses Castle
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue; DI - Frayed Burlap; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Nesties - Standard Circle LG
Embellishments: The Ribbon Girl - pink twill stripe, white lace; Prima - Teal flower; Basic Grey buttons
Colour: Copics: Skin E00, 11, 13, YR00 Hair E35, 57, 59 ProMarkers: Crown Cool Grey 4, Baby Pink, Cocktail Pink
Misc: white liquid pearls; brown fineliner

10 comments:

  1. Adore it Lou - juts beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou this is a stunning card, great layout hugs Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh lou this is super, i love your style and you always produse high standards of work, hugs sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card sweetie!!!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the castle & clouds - the pink twill is super too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic card lou.your colours and details are gorgoeus and i love the pretty princess image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lou - this princess is just too adorable. your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lou!
    fab card, love your amazing colouring!!!!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love all the detail.

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh wow so pretty!

    I love the colours used on the castle and the image is mega cute!

    Thanks for joining us at SFC this fortnight,

    Hugs, Lynsey xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews