About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 7 July 2011

Tickled Pink Stamp Challenges #27 - Doily

Afternoon {Pink} Fans, it's time for a new challenge over at TPS Challenges, but first, let me thank everyone who joined in with last weeks 'Flowers' challenge - it was such fun seeing all of your projects. Congratulations to the winner and the top 5, nice job!!

I know I had a blast producing my card, it was one of my faves I have made for Tickled Pink - it helps that I REALLY love working with the Pinkettes. I'm hoping if Kellie is reading this she might take the hint *wink, wink* I'm naughty, aren't I?! But as they saying up north goes.. "Shy bairns get nowt!" LOL!!

I digress, this week over at TPS we want to see those..

DOILIES

You got it, it could be a die cut, a stamp, a crochet doily.. we want to see what creativity you've got going on. Perhaps you could use a doily in a different way and create a card base? Let us see what you've got!!

For my project I have used a cute little image from the BRAND NEW Lil' Little line..

MEET LIL' LITTLE LILITH


The look on her face is priceless. It's like she's saying "Just another day of being awesome.." HA! I've gone with a turquoise theme with just a few other colours, like the kraft, gray and brown. I think it works. I just wish I could create creases in clothes a little better.. gosh!! I've coloured her hair and skin using Copics and the rest of the image with ProMarkers.


I have created two doilies using vellum. I have placed the largest to the top of the card and the smaller one is hidden behind the big bow. I have edged both with some Frayed Burlap DI to help them stand out. I've added a clay doodad alongside some WOC flowers and the spirals. Blue liquid pearls and some faux stitching are standard.


I have added a gorgeous big bow of turquoise twill ribbon from The Ribbon Girl. Just underneath is a little Tiny Tag from PTI with the sentiment 'Wish' - although I don't think Lilith has to wish for much - it seems to me like she has it all! ;)


As always I have decorated the inside of the card to match. It's a good way to use up those extra pieces of patterned paper too - and I don't know about you, but I hate waste!

That's all I got for ya today - head on over to the TPS Challenge blog to see what the other amazing ladies have got for ya!! You will be blown away - as always.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Creative Belli - Handmade Embellishments (My little blue button! :))
× Divas By Design - Die Cuts
× Little Darlings - Favourite Colours (Blue, Brown + Kraft)
× Scrapalicious - Turquoise
× Simon Says Stamp - Stitching (Faux)
× Creative Craft Challenges - Pretty Blossoms


Supplies
Cardstock: Bazzill - Kraft; SU! Vellum
Patterned paper: Bo Bunny - Gabriella
Stamps/Images: Tickled Pink Digi - Lil Little Lilith; PTI - Tiny Tags
Ink: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Soft Suede
Embellishments: WOC Flowers; homemade clay doodad;
Tools: PTI - Tiny Tag die
Misc: brown fineliner; Blue liquid pearls

20 comments:

  1. Cute card! You did such a wonderful job coloring Lilith :)

    Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp!

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic lou, so adorable, hope that you get those extra hours that you need... hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful! I love the colors and a touch of flowersThank you so much for joining us at CCC. Hugs and Good Luck!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lou :-) I love the image, she is fab and the colours and details are all perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou this is stunning, love the layout, and your colourwork is so perfect. Joey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Lou. Beautifully colored and I love that image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing colour combination - it definitely works & I love how those little aqua roses pick up the trim on her parasol. Your shading of that is so effective & I love the idea of the vellum. the edging of your main panel is utterly effective.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lou, I love your card. The coloring is fantastic!! If you ever need a spot in a design team - drop me a line =D

    Love the papers you used and the layout of the card is great, too!

    Thanks for playing with us at Scrapalicious Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card lou.your colours are gorgeous and i love the images, she got attitude :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything here from the cut around the image to the coloring to the color combo is fab! This is a perfect entry for the Die Cuts and punches challenge over at Diva's by Design. Good luck and hope to see you again next time!
    Hugs,
    Tammy Louise XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card and great colors. Thanks for joining us at Creative Belli, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH I just loooove Lilith and you've coloured her perfectly. Love the vellum doilies and of course your handmade button. (button freak here! lol)

    Hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lou this is one heck of a stunning card...hope you are well....thank you for coming to join us over at Creative Craft Challenges..Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Scrapalicious USA! ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lou, LOU, LOU....will you get a load of this eye candy girl! HER HAIR IS DROP DEAD FRICKEN GORJUSS! Seriously!!?!>!> tips pls!! and that ribbon is perfect. So large and scrumptious! Vellum, liquid....geesh....you have filled this beauty chalk full of texture! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally LOVE your card! The use of turquoise is awesome and I love your coloring job on the image! Thanks for sharing it with us at Scrapalicious USA! Best of luck!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH WOW!! this is Amazing!! so much awesomeness packed into one small space!

    I love the mix of vintage and contempary styling...

    I absolutely LoVe this card Lou!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Lou, this is fantastic! Your coloring is fabulous! Her hair looks awesome! Love that big bow and your color combo is very striking - such a pretty blue!!! Love it all! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Lou, another absolute STUNNER!! What an awesome colour combo, the turquoise really pops and that bow is lush. Amazing colouring!
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the blue and beige combo! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews