About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 10 July 2011

Simply Sassy Fond Farewell

*que sad face and pet lip*

Well, the time has come. The ship has sailed. The.. plan has run its course.. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

This is my last post for Simply Sassy - which was inevitable.. but seriously.. the time has F-L-O-W-N!! I know they say time flies when you're having fun.. but this has gone WAY too fast!!

But let's move on to my project - it's making me a little teary. I decided to create a farewell card, you know. It's sort of suiting, right?

I used a stamp that has gone uninked for some time now.. MISSING YOU from Set 7.. which you can buy from Funky Kits. I have coloured her skin and hair using Copics and the rest of the image has been coloured using ProMarkers.  


I have used patterned papers from Basic Grey Sweet Threads collection alongside some Prima Flowers and lime green seam binding from The Ribbon Girl. I added a handmade clay button and a sentiment using some Studio G Alpha stamps in Soft Suede ink which carries on inside.


"Keep in touch.. I'll miss you".. I certainly will. I'll miss working alongside such a talented and friendly bunch of ladies who all work so perfectly together as a team. The inspiration I have gained from them along the way has been mind blowing!! I will still be stopping by the Sassy blog regularly and paying all the girls visits to their personal blogs without a shadow of a doubt!!


I will continue working with these amazing stamps whenever I get the opportunity. I'm ashamed to say some in my collection still haven't been inked up!! *blush* but I hope to combat that ASAP!! Throughout the two releases and my shared spot with Carisa, I have learnt such a lot about making an image work and the versatility of rubber. Stamps can be used on so many surfaces and in so many different ways.

It has been an honour to work alongside this bunch and post my creations on such a well known blog! Thank you for this opportunity!! :)

Enough of the chat now - you get the idea. I'm sad to leave, but I've had an AHmazing time!!

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Art Impressions - Use something from your stash (pearls which I've been holding on to forEVA because they're the last I had!)
× Colour Create - Fuschia, Green and White
× Stamp Insanity - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by. *waves goodbye to the Sugar Addits* I'll still be around though - I promise!! Over & Out.

19 comments:

  1. Lou, this is beautiful! I love the layout and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lou, wow! this is amazing hun. Stunning colouring and love the sky you've created. Why is it that all the good things come to an end. Never happens with stuff like council tax and tv licence. I know you've had an amazing ride and I have loved all your gorgeous creations with the fab lil' Sassy's.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lou

    Great card, bit sad though. Just read a bit about you - congrats on the degree how is the job hunting going?
    By the way thank you for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    PS Why don't you check out my candy too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lou, and a fitting card for the occasion.
    You've been a fab gdt and a great addition to this talented group of ladies. I'm very sure they will all miss you and your cards.
    I am so sorry that it's your time to leave.

    Big hugs

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Lou. Beautiful papers and coloring and I LOVE your clouds! I know how sad you are feeling :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Good Bye card. Sorry to hear it was your time to leave. Great colors and papers.Great composition!
    Thanks for entering the Art Impressions challenge this week.
    Barbara - Art Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Lou - and many congratulations on your 2:1 - well done! Best of luck with your job hunting. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw wow. this is fanatstic lou.love this sweet sassy and your design and colours are stunning.
    you were certainly a massive asset to the simply sassy team :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It´s amazing Lou - and absolutley the perfect image for your last card. You´ll be missed!

    Big hugs
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the card has a bittersweet feeling to it but it's still fun and adorable. I love how you did the sky behind her and the layout is so funky! Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Impressions challenges this week. Hope to see you back again soon.
    ~Renee
    AI DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been great being introduced to your work & I marvelled at how you kept going through your exams with the DT commitments. I love your use of blue on this & the papers are so so pretty with the kraft & brown doodled edges. That's a lovely neat trick with the flowers (wink wink) & your seam binding bow works beautifully.
    Your blog is on my MAC Top Sites so I'll be keeping an eye on what you're up to. I've just discovered the sOG so (congratulations on your win) & am really hankering after experimenting with kraft. Meant to leave you a comment here yesterday but head misbehaved again & I got put to bed!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card, gorgeous colours and details.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lou, this is STUNNING!! Love the DP's and the layout, the stamp is perfect too!!
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is fantastic!! Awesome colouring and the cloud background is flawless!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Colour Create this time around, good luck!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. awe this card is sweet. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card Lou!! It's just adorable. I'm very jealous of your time as a Simply Sassy DT member. I bet it was fun! So glad you were able to join us at Aud Sentiments!
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Lou, love the colors & design!
    Thank you for playing along @ Aud Sentiments!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews