About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 30 July 2011

Sunday's with Santa

Okay, I've scheduled this post to go live today whilst I start my first day of proper, paid employment! HA! My friend from school got me a little part time job at a local Home Bargains store, so by the time you're reading this I'll be getting trained on the tills. Exciting times! I'll give you all an update (for anyone who is even remotely interested) once I get into the swing of things.  I sat last night and filled out all of the application forms and stuff and got my makeshift 'uniform' ready. I won't have the official shirt yet, but my manager said a dark shirt/ top will do for now. So there ya have it! ;)

So.. the whole point of this post. Here's me rambling on about poop. I recently discovered Sunday's with Santa over on FB. It's a fab little group that has a theme to follow each week as a way to get that stash of Christmas cards built up sometime BEFORE 20th December! LOL.

THE perfect images arrived at my house just the other day. A few stamps from the new LOTV Christmas release. SO! CUTE! I couldn't resist. It's been aaaages since I bought myself some LOTV rubber! This one is called Feathered Friends and I think I love it! HA! Looking at the card now I wish I had added some brown/beige dots around about the image as it appears a little harsh.



 The challenge over on the FB group this week is Week 29 - Anything Goes. Nice and easy! :) I've used some gorgeous deep red cardstock from Papercuts for my cardbase and a slice of paper from Basic Grey Wassail collection. I have followed the sketch over at LOTV this week - it's nice and simple and open to interpretation.


I have coloured the cute little image with a combo of ProMarkers and Copics - as usual! This is the first card I've made using the PM Ultra Fine Nibs - SO cool. They get into the smallest of spaces, which is really handy for these images especially - as they're tiny small. I can see me ordering more, more, more. The possibilities with PM's are really endless now. I only wish there were more colours!!

I have cut close to the edge of the scene and distressed the edges using some Frayed Burlap DI and brown doodles. I have added Star Dust Stickles to the snowy parts of the scene as well as the little girls fluffy hat and collar! Adorable.


Here is a peak of the inside! I have used a piece of paper from the same Basic Grey collection alongside some gorgeous little snowflakes I cut with my slice out of cream linen paper to match the front. I cut a small corner from the same patterned paper as on the front and stamped a Christmas sentiment from LOTV in Frayed Burlap.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× LOTV - Sketch
image × CCEE Stampers - Winter or Summer
× Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
× Sassy Studio Designs - Christmas in July
× Stampin' B's - Use Ribbon
× Crafty Creations - Christmas in July
× Creative Belli - Christmas in July
× I Love ProMarkers - Anything Goes
I'll add my card to these challenges once I get in from.. work.. ! ;)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papecuts - Deep Red
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey - Wassail
Stamps/Digi: Lili of the Valley - Feathered Friends, A5 Verses; SU! Circle of Friendship
Ink: DI - Frayed Burlap
Embellishments: Cream and Red Stitched Ribbon; Beige Feather; WOC - 20mm roses
Colour: Copics: Skin E00, 11, R30 Hair E35, 37 Robins E18, 35, 57, Red, Ruby ProMarkers: Reds Crimson, Burgundy, Burnt Umber Greens Marsh Green, Pine
Tools: MM Slice - Fa La La DC
Misc: brown fineliner, Star Dust Stickles

17 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Lou this has to be one of the nicest christmas cards i have ever seen...your colouring is absolutely amazing. thanks for the colour chart too

    lol have fun on the tills and enjoy the rest of your weekend

    sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou this is a beautiful card - I just love the colours of the paper and the colours you have used on the gorgeous LOTV stamp. I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie, this is stunning, (facebook wont let me comment today) your colours and papers and the base is stunning, fab job on the sketch too, thanks for joining in with my challenge at Face book and thanks for joining us at LOTV, big hugs love pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou, this is so stinkin' cute! Love how you colored your image and all your little additions are super! Good luck with your new job... Keep us posted! :) Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is stunning lou.love the gorgeous rich colours and distressing and fab image and design.
    enjoy your new job hun,i work in a B&M store, very similar to home bargains ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lou, this is the most stunning card, your colouring is just amazing.

    Hope you enjoyed your first day at work. Its good to be working in this day and age.

    Elke XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAHOO! Yay for paid employment! How was your first day!??! Hope you like it! Hey, is that a feather I see on this card! LOL (inside joke)......Remarkable coloring and laying! Flowers are gorg & snowflake & sentiment is perfect oOOOOOOOOOOOO and that ribbon is delish baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, love the glitter and enjoy earning extra stash money, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Lou! Love that sweet image and your papers too. The feather and snowflakes are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! Love the sweet image and great coloring! Thanks for joining in the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lou firstly good luck with the job! Your card is beautiful and I love the colours you have used. Arlinex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Christmas card - darling image! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Очень красиво! желаю удачи в конкурсе!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you enjoy your new job Lou. Your card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous. Your image is too cute, love all the little details. Thanks for playing along with SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Lou! Love that feather on it!
    Hugs, Marit.
    ..:: xXx ::..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi :)
    This is a beautiful creation in lovely colours and pretty details! Thanks for playing along at the LOTV challenge this time, hope to see you again on our next!
    Hugs, Lena Katrine

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews