About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 10 July 2011

Sentimental Sundays #63 - Inky Fingers

A new Sunday, a new challenge over at Sentimental Sundays!!

This week we want to see..

INKY FINGERS

unconventional stamping materials or techniques

Now is that not FUN?! Step outside your comfort zone and give it a go.

As soon as I seen the challenge title a few weeks ago I knew straight away what I wanted to do. If you have seen THIS post you will know the results that can be achieved with a little bit of bubble wrap and some chalk ink..

This time round I wanted to give it a go with some smaller bubble wrap - truth is, I LOVE this technique and the results are guaranteed to be different every time.

My card base is Bazzill Kraft and I have stamped the bubble wrap in Chestnut Roan chalk ink for even coverage. I have used patterned paper from Bo Bunny - Gabrielle collection. I LOVE the butterflies and the aquas and browns. Really gorgeous. It is sort of shabby chic - which isn't really my style.. but the more I flick through the pages the more it grows on me..


The sentiment is from Paper Makeup, also stamped in Chestnut Roan and cut with a nesties sixteen die. I adhered a strip of cream seam binding with a ruffle detail to one side and fussy cut two of the butterflies from a patterned paper and adhered them using dimensionals. (I have burnt each side of the seam binding to stop it from fraying - it is totally obvious that it is burnt - infact it was on fire for like 0.2 seconds before I blew it out. I sorta like the look of it though - rustic is what I'm calling it and I'm sticking by that! HA!) I thought the top of the card looked a bit blank so I added a little scalloped strip to the left hand side I was going to add stitching but guess what? I couldn't find me paper piecer or my Sew Easy. Ty-pic-al.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Stamp Something - Bugs or Butterflies
× Stampin' For The Weekend - Wings and Things
× Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Butterflies

Please stop by the Sentimental Sundays blog and see what other awesome inspiration the ladies have got for ya this week!!


8 comments:

  1. Haven't seen the Sew Easy Ty-pk-al heads & I'm not used to seeing your cards without any stitching - does that mean the fine liner has had it?? Love the burnt edges of the seam binding & that sentiment is absolutely REAL.
    Have a good Sunday - I'm selling books to earn some pennies for stamps.
    Paula (PEP)
    PS - I did finally work out what Ty-pk-al was. Hopeless Swede grappling with English - or is that Scotch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing card. The bubble wrap printing is perfect and that sentiment is fab.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card lou.love the texture of the bubblewrap stamping and the sentiment and butterflies are stunning :D
    i finished reading blood harvest, sometimes had to read to the next chapter before turning the bedroom light off as it was really creepy, lol.
    i really enjopyed reading it and i couldn`t put it down towards the end.
    have now lent to a lady at work and then her hubbys reading it next :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and stunning effect. Love your card. Thanks for joining in the Digi Doodle Shop Butterfly challenge. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I love the look from the bubble wrap. I have never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work with the sentiment and the butterflies.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous and just love the effect you have achieved with the bubble wrap. Love the colours you have used and the sentiment.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, I like the bubble wrap effect, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews