About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 1 July 2011

Mr & Mrs Dodds

Some of you may know I received a commission from one of my friends for a Wedding card last month.. you can see it HERE in this post. Well, another of my friends asked me to make one for their mam and dad for a wedding there were going to.. I think. Anyway, they loved it.. so I thought I would share it here with you too.

I wanted to keep it pretty simple and elegant, so I opted out of using an image and kept the main focus on their names.. Mr & Mrs Dodds.

I used a really old wedding collection from American Crafts, the name of the line is 'I Do'.. I think. My cardbase is some crisp Whisper White from SU! and I've paired the patterned paper up with some Early Espresso cardstock.


I've used a variety of ribbon and lace from The Ribbon Girl. I created my own.. what would you call it?! Ribbon flower?! Using some thin white ribbon and a button threaded with twine. A doily die cut from vellum along side some head pins, WOC flowers and some clay doodads.

The box I created using my boxer board thingy from Crafter's Companion. The base is cardstock which matches the colour scheme and I used some acetate for the lid which sits slightly inside the base. This can then be used to display the card at a later date if the couple decide to keep it.

I decorated the inside of the card, again using matching cardstock and I created the word 'Congratulations' in a font to match their names. I hope they like it! :)

I would like to enter this card into this challenge:
× One Stitch at a Time - Wedding or Sympathy

That's all from me for now! :) Thanks for stopping by!!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic lou.really elegant and stylish :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lou, this is stunning! Absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your details and the personalisation too, thanks for sharing with us all here at OSAT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How elegant is this. Love the soft muted colours. Very nice indeedy. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews