About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Simply Sassy Set and SOG Goodies


Morning friends, how has the start of your week been? We actually had glorious sunshine here yesterday, so my and the boyfriend went out for a drive do to the quayside. When we came home we stuck Michael McIntyre - Live in Wembley on.. aaaand.. he fell asleep. So I snook to my craft desk and set about making some more goodies for the fayre next month! :)

*********************************************************

Before I get onto the gooey stuff, I just wanna let all you lovey ladies.. and gents know that there is now a call for a July GD for Simply Sassy. See THIS post for all the details. You do NOT want to miss out. Plus, there is some good news - no more mandatory tutorials. I can see you all breathing a sigh of relief. I can remember thinking to myself before I applied for the last term.. tutorials? You gotta be kidding me!! Well no more worries in that department! What are you waiting for?! Head on over NOW!!

*********************************************************

Now.. I need you honest opinion ladies.. and gents.. no feelings spared, okay?

I have made this set of five cards.. because I have been told by a few people (non-crafters) that they would be interested in buying sets, more so than OOAK cards, which kinda peed me off.. but the customers always right blah blah. So.. I thought about.. sets of.. less intensive.. perhaps even CAS (for me) cards that may just hit the spot.

Here's the first batch I've come up with.


I have used Simply Sassy Carnival Balloon. Because I love her. No other reason is needed, quite frankly. The base of each card is Bazzill Kraft and to make each one different I have used different cardstock, ink and markers from SU! to make colour coordinated cards. You get it.


I went with:
Pumpkin Pie
Taken with Teal
Old Olive
Bashful Blue
Pretty in Pink


I left the images uncoloured for two reasons. Firstly to keep costs down, I didn't want to spend ages colouring up five images for them to sell for next to nothing and secondly, colouring only small elements in the chosen SU! colour helped to coordinate each card even more.

I doodled around the outside of the image panel and again around the cardbase, just to add the little Lou Mac touch! ;) I guess the whole doodling with a brown fineliner is becoming my thing now - I think I can safely say it isn't just a fad. When I first started card making I was a huge fan of the whole faux stitching.. like - - -.. with a white gel pen, but I went off that because my white gel pen was a bit poo and also it didn't work as well on some patterned papers and cardstock as it did on others.

So a massive thank you to Paula (PEP) for sourcing me a place on the world wide web that sell the staedtler fineliners individually - I'll need to be purchasing another one ASAP to keep this little trend I got going! ;)


 The sentiments both inside and out are from a Papertrey Ink set. I have cut an oval from coordinating cardstock and added that to the inside along with another stamped image of Carnival Balloon this time in SU! Crumb Cake ink.


I have added my signature stamp to the back of each card - like I always do - again in the coordinating SU! colour.

So.. verdict time..

Do you think non-crafters would be into this sort of set up?! I honestly don't think many people who don't craft appriciate the time and effort that goes into each creation. In all honesty these took me over an hour to churn out - so it's not like I rushed the job just because they are simpler than the things I usually make.

Would you say £5 is a fair price to buy all five?! I was planning on adding envelopes for each with the Carnival Balloon stamped off the side too and making a box to keep them in. Crikey - I think £5 is a bargain. Or am I just totally off my trolley?!

*********************************************************

Hopefully.. if I still have your attention.. I'd like to show you a little surprise which arrived in the post for me yesterday..

Enter Big Day Tobie from Some Odd Girl


I SCREAMED when my mam threw the envelope at me. I read the whole customs thing and knew straight away what it was! AWESOMEEE!! Look how it's packaged mannn!! Like a freakin' Christmas present! Kristy sent me a cute little notecard with Sweet Thinkin' Mae on too. Ohhh, I melted!!

Have you guys seen Big Day Tobie from the latest release of Clear Stamps?!

Some Odd Girl - Big Day Tobie *NEW*

He's AWESOME! Look at the sentiment you get with him?! Hello!! He would be so perfect for doing this sort of deal again with the whole card set. *lightbulb*

*********************************************************

Sorry if I've prattled on a little this morning - hopefully you've already had your coffee - but I mean.. is it just me? Or do you fellow crafters think non crafters are utterly unappreciative?! Not meaning to be rude.. but HELLO?! This is more than just a hobby.. it's a lifestyle! LOL!!

*********************************************************

I'll be back later on with a little pole sort of thing. I wanna know how much you guys would charge/ be willing to pay for my cards and stuff. I just need to get pictures of things and organise the post! :)


7 comments:

  1. Me as a crafter...Love the collection of cards you made!!! I think they are fun and lovely made!!! I do understand the frustration you're feeling!!!
    And the amount you want to ask is really a bargain... I guess it would sell though!!!
    Hugs & Kisses, Marit.
    ..:: xXx ::..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowee, I love what you have made. I would even like to borrow your idea! I certainly find that many of my card customers prefer the CAS card. One of the reasons is the price and also I'm begining to realise they actually like them at least as much (if not more) as the detailed cards! I think this is great as a set or even sold individually would work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou, These are fab and I think peeps will buy them. They are different and individual. Love the Kraft paper and just the teeny bit of colour on each one. FABULOUS! And a bargain too! Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, they are CAS and very pretty! I love them!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love them! I also love the idea of a set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea - my cards don't sell but my friend's much simpler ones do. The Kraft set is brilliant & I do think you have the price right. Love the whole way you have co-ordianted them No, non-crafters don't know - just expect to knock you down - my Mum crocheted & people never wanted to pay - she designed her own patterns & crocheted so evenly people must have assumed the items were made by machine - you can never win.
    I wish you all the very best with this - it will be interesting to hear how it goes.
    Paula (PEP)
    PS - Glad to have helped; I wish you could have seen how thrilled I was to have found it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lou these are fantastic and if its what the customer wants then hopefully there will be more sales.
    its really gets my back up how little money people want to pay for something that took you ages to make, they have no concept of what we put in to each one.
    i really love the cas design, very fresh and modern and the kraft looks really fab.also like how you have stamped on the inside too.i would say these were well worth a fiver of anyones money.
    cor i`ve gone on a bit there haven`t i :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews