About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 7 July 2011

PaperPlay Challenges - "Fruity"

Hey guys!! How has your week been so far? HOT I hope, I know it's been HOT here in the north east. Too HOT infact - it makes me so sleepy! Regular cat naps and coffee are in order throughout the day! I thought the pretty big thunderstorm and downpour yesterday would have cleared the air.. no such luck.

Anywho, this week I have another mini accordian album to show you (I've been well and truely bitten by the bug), again using some images from Some Odd Girl (I admit - I'm in love).. It is for this weeks challenge over at PaperPlay.. and that is..

..::FRUITY::..

Heehee. What a title for a challenge, right?! It's awesome. It can mean all sorts of things - I have taken the challenge quite literally and gone with some images of yummy fruit. Lemons, strawberries and a watermelon (I wish I had downloaded the Cherries now..). Reminds me of a fruit salad, perfect for a summer time snack straight from the fridge. Okay, stop it, you're making my mouth water.

How about the PRIZE?! The lucky winner will recieve a $15 voucher from Simon Says Stamp.

*****************************************

Onto my project.. I have used some kraft-ish coloured envelopes available from WHSmith. They measure roughly 4"x3 3/4" so they are perfect for ickle mini albums! :)

The front cover consists of some Garden Green SU! cardstock as well as a few scraps of paper from Echo Park - For the Record collection which I have used throughout this album. Along side some letter and accent stickers from the same collection. I have added my own doodles as well as some sponged distressing using Frayed Burlap DI to tie everything together.

This is the first spread - they are two seperate pages, but the two styles of yellow patterned paper help tie them together. I have scaled two strawberries down and the watermelon has been scaled up slightly. Both have been coloured using PMs and fussy cut out.

Is it just me, or do you want to take those lemons home?! HELLO!! This photo makes it appear like all my papers are adhered wonky - honestly.. they're not. I'm thinking it was the weird angle I had my camera at *rolls eyes* will I ever get anything 100%?! LOL!!

Here are all four pages together, slightly bent so you get the idea behind the whole 'accordian' thing. Really, in hindsight, I should have taken a photo from the top.. gosh. Also, I wish I had swapped the lemon and watermelon page around. Gahh!! Why do us crafters do this to ourselves?! Someone, please tell me it's fine!! LOL.

Here is a photo of the pullouts which slot into each envelope (they provide some sturdy-ness as well as being functional). Both are double sided, with patterned paper on one side and a masked stamped border on the other using coordinating SU! inks and some mini doilies from Waltzing Mouse.

*****************************************

How'd ya like it?! I didn't want to make it overly summery - hence the choice of paper. I was going to use Cosmo Cricket Salt Air - but it was just tooo summer for my liking.

Did ya notice my new watermark?! Curtosy of the lovely Ann Vento!! I LOVE the font! :)

*****************************************

I would like to enter this mini album into these challenges:
× Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
× Digital Tuesday - Bling it Up
× Going Grey - Summer
× Stamps and Fun - Colour combo: Red and Yellow
× My Time To Craft - A La Carte

*****************************************

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for this fun challenge - head on over to the PaperPlay blog now and see what the rest of the awesome team have come up with to inspire you.

14 comments:

  1. You don't do things by halves do you?!! What a lot of work. Fantastic take on the challenge, love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is sooo good, the fruits are making my mouth water. Love, love, love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lou, this is so fab. Loved it as soon as I saw it. Amazing elements, layers and details - FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fellow Perfectionist.......worry not but I know exactly what you mean! But on second thoughts I think you have them right - the watermelon's eyes would be looking off the panel if it was where the lemon is - as you have it the lemon is looking at the single strawberyy & the watermelon is glancing over at the singe strawberry too - makes one want to turn the accordion page over to see what is following ..........
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is fantastic lou.love all the yummy fruits and your zingy colours and papers are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fabulous, what great colours too, thanks for sharing at DTC this week,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this mini album is beautiful! I love it!!!

    You should enter this over at Getting Cricky for the Summer Fun challenge!
    Tell her I (Rebecca "Crafting Misfit) sent you! http://www.gettingcricky.com/2011/07/if-life-aint-perfect-you-aint-livin.html

    Rebecca
    craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this mini album is very awesome. love how you created a fruit-themed collection. very adorable with how the pattern paper goes so well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo Super adorable.Thanks for joining us at Scrap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lou!
    hope you had a great day
    im in holidays, so i have some times to spread some love with the other teamy!
    your project is amazing!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at SFC....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lou this is AMAZING!! Stunning work hon :o))
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great album. Love your creation. Thank you so much for joning us over at Bearly Mine Challenge. Good luck!

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews