About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 25 July 2011

Pollycraft Challenge #103 - *//HO HO HO\\* Christmas in July

Hey Pollycraft Fans.. we have a double whammy for ya today!! ;)

It's Monday - so that can only mean one thing.. a new challenge..

PLUS we have some Christmas digi previews for you. Can I get a *YIPPEEE*

The challenge theme this week is courtesy of the lovely Joey.. We want to see those

CHRISTMAS CARDS

Christmas in July seems to be all over blog land right now so.. there is no shortage of inspiration out there. Be sure to stop by the Pollycraft Challenge Blog to see the inspiration from the awesome bunch of ladies on the DT. 

The lucky winner will receive a £10 voucher to spend in Crafty Emma's Store. She has brand new packs of MME and Basic Grey patterned paper and all sorts of other goodies. Makes me drool just thinking about it!!

For my card I have used the brand new Chesters Letter, his letter appears blank on the digi so you have room for your own sentiment - genius or what?! I stamped a cute sentiment from a Paper Makeup stamp set in Real Red SU! ink.


I have used some scrummy papers from Echo Park - Everybody Loves Christmas collection. I have so many Christmas papers I gotta use up, so I wasn't shy with this card. I love the none traditional colours in this collection so I teamed the papers up with some blue card from Papercuts and distressed and doodles the edges.

I added a die cut flourish from the same blue cardstock, along with a die cut vellum doily, some gorgeous WOC flowers, prima bling and some liquid pearls.


I have coloured Chester with the usual ProMarkers - and now I'm looking at the picture I remembered I was meant to add stickles to the pom pom on his hat and the fluff around the top of his boots - bummer.

Now is he not the sweetest. Be sure to stop by the Pollycraft Challenge Blog and then head over to the other ladies blogs to see the other images from this new release. All the price details will be on the blog.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Class Act Insider - Christmas
× Fun with Shapes - Christmas in July
× Jelly Park Friends - #1 Christmas in July
× Guylou's Inimitability Digistamps - It's a Recipe
× Polka Doodles - Christmas in July


Thanks for stopping by today guys! Take it easy.


19 comments:

  1. Sorry hun, but Chester just made me laugh out loud - what a super little monkey, and so unexpected for a Christmas card, he's just brilliant! Love how you have used those fabbie papers too. Amazing card. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card hun! I love the vellum background doily!!!
    Hugs, Marit.
    ..:: xXx ::..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, the colours are beautiful and I love the image you've used, thank you for joining us at Jellypark friends, hope to see one of your lovely creations next time to Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Jellypark.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh, this is about the cutest thing I have seen in a while! what a great card!
    thank you so much for playing along with our Christmas challenge at Jellypark Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lou - ADORABLE.... love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw love this card lou.the monkey is so darn cute and stunning bright colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lou.. Love the new Chester Xmas images.. must be great working with them all ..you lucky girl you..!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at polkadoodles . Good luck .
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable!! Love the Echo Park line for this image - the flourish and vellum doily are divine! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Guylou's and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lou. You are so talented and your colouring is just wow. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lou its a gorgeous card! love the layout, your colouring is so perfect! Joey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My! My! My! This is sooooo darn cute!!! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Guylou's!
    Cheers!
    Guylou

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super cute Lou! I love that bright green and the sentiment is perfect!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooo Lou this is lushhhh!! I love the colour combo you've used, so bright and gorgeous colouring of Chester!! :o))
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Sweetie, this is just fabulous, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic Lou! Brilliant colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww! Lou, could this be any more cute? I love the lil' monkey and scrummy colours and embellies.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute Lou! This little image makes me laugh!!! Love it and great card!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, love the image, he's just so cute, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews