About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 11 July 2011

Pollycraft Challenge #101 - *//The Great Outdoors\\*

How did you enjoy last weeks special 'Celebration' challenge? Fun, wasn't it? Thank you to everyone who entered, it was great to see your interpretations of the theme.

As for the random winner of the 'Swinging Friends' digi..


CONGRATULATIONS

Please email me at loulouwas@hotmail.com to claim your digi!

Onto this week.. we have an equally fun challenge!!

**THE GREAT OUTDOORS**

How FUN?! Check out all the details over at the Pollycraft Challenge blog and see the other the creations the awesome ladies have created to inspire you!

I have created a boy themed card using 'Pirate' from the Swings and Slides - Enchant and Explore collection. I have coloured him using Copics and Promarkers and added a sky background using a template, DI and a sponge.


I created the sentiment on my computer using Earwig Factory font. This is one of my fave quotes about the beach and the ocean. I have distressed all of the edges using Frayed Burlap DI and added some faux stitching with a brown fineliner around the outside of the main panel.


I have kept embellishments to a minimum and added some green stitched grosgrain ribbon as well as some navy blue bakers twine and a pirate flag charm. A few areas of blue liquid pearls finished the card off.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:

× Cardmadfairy - Include an Animal
× PCJ Challenge - For Him
× City Crafter Challenge - Birds of a Feather

Don't forget to head over to the Pollycraft challenge blog and join in with the fun!!

17 comments:

  1. Arrrrgghhh, he looks awesome. Great colouring and I love you computer generated sentiment.

    Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card Lou!! great sentiment, and I love the clouds!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing card - your colouring is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautifully done!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    Hey, it is giveaway time at Pixie Dust Paperie, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's fantastic Lou! Love how you've colored this sweetie and your sentiment is awesome -- bet that took a while to cut and glue, huh? The little charm is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous lou, love it all, perfect for our challneg at digi days and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lou! Great card! I love your clouds and that charm is perfect!!!

    Congrats on your top 3 pick at Challenge up your life on Saturday!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Lou...love the sentiment.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card lou.loving the fab pirate and your colours are stunning.
    fabulous sentiment and design too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I think this card is A.Mazing? Right?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTER than CUTE! LOVE it! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so darn cute.. Thanks so much for playing along with CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FAB FAB FAB this is gorgeous Lou, I love that little charm and such a fab sentiment too. I have used this little guy for my Nialls bday invutes too cute! Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the most amazing pirate card ever!! superbly done ... thanks so much for sharing it with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lou, very cute hun, love your fab colouring and the sentiment looks amazing. Great little charm and a fab cloudy sky. Love it!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo-Arrrgh me hearty! Love it Lou, brilliant design and embellies and colouring, totally love it!! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, wonderful colouring. Really like the image and the details, thanks for playing with us at the Papercrafting Journey, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews