About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 23 December 2010

Five Fave Christmas Cards 2010

Over at A Scrapjourney, Debby has set a challenge.. to choose five of your favourite Christmas cards from 2010, its going to be a toughie, but I'll definitely give it my best shot.


If you make your list and link it back to Debby's blog, there is some card candy up for grabs which includes two LOTV James Bear stamps for the lucky winner.


Because I simply LOVE James Bear - hes one cutie (although I LOVE LOTV in general..). On this card I decided to keep him white, instead of grey (my fav - then he resembles a Tatty Teddy) or brown, as the challenge I entered this card into called for a monochromatic colour scheme - obviously I chose shades of grey. Its got pearls and bling and stitching too, YUM! :)


I chose this card for two reasons, 1) I gave it to my Mam and her boyfriend for Christmas, and they loved it, and 2) the image of this card was published in Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine Issue 87, I was soooo pleased when I seen my email and photograph on the letters page of the magazine. It seems like all my cardmaking is heading in the right direction of late - having a photograph published, making my way onto two DT! :) Wow, I'm lucky.


Crochet flower? Hello!! One of the prettiest things I ever did see!! Boy, I wish I could make them myself, they're gorgeous. And they really make any project pop, 'cause of their prettiness but also 'cause of their texture. Vellum, love, heat embossing love, faux stitching love, stocking cut with my slice love. Love this card. :)


Ahhhh, Victoria Case, you beaut. I love this stamp, her hat, her gloves, her pile of snowballs. It has 'winter' written all over it. I entered this card into a sketch over at Mojo, I was very proud of it. Especially my stitching - achieved with my WRMK Sew Easy tool, and that gorgeous snowflake charm.


And finally, this is a picture of my first ever commissioned card. Made for one of my Mams friends to give to his son and daughter in law, for Christmas, obviously. The stamped image of the poinsettia was sent to my by a friend on the Trimcraft forum (I love that place) and I coloured it in using ProMarkers. The white embossed lace circle is a stamp from Hero Arts - delish to say the least. Gotta love a bit of heat embossing.

So there you have it, my top 5 Christmas cards for 2010. I can see a reoccurring theme here - can you? Excessive use of Kraft cardstock perhaps? Hehe, I love the stuff, it goes with everything! Why not pop on over to Debby's blog and take a look.

--*Merry Christmas - and all the health and happiness for the New Year!*--

3 comments:

  1. Oh gorgeous cards and I think my favourite is James the bear too.
    Thank you for joining in with my challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards!!! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, really enjoyed looking at these - all gorgeous cards .
    Hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews